Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Triple Short

Okay, fine, the Twins paid 3.8 million for a guy who can hit very, very well - but only when Joey Blanton is pitching.

3-4, a double, a homerun, 3 rbi (and a strikeout, of course).

A great night for C-Mo - a great night for the Twins.

Again, I will reiterate, I would love it if Monroe's signing turned out to be a good thing. I would love it if he won Comeback Player of the Year. Love. It.

This is just one game however. Talk to me in August when he is OPSing .213

For now, after last night, and considering he still has only had a handful of plate appearances and therefore one great night can really affect his stats, anyway after last night his stats are looking, well, Comeback Player of the Year-ish:

.300/.364/.533

4 RBI
13 Ks (back to earth stat).

Sidenote: I freaking hate west coast road trips. I had to turn the game off at 11 because I couldn't keep my eyes open. Lame.

No comments: